Friday, October 1, 2010

Gougeres

So I had to look up on the Internet to see how to pronounce this word - I have a feeling I will be doing this a lot, since I studied Spanish and not French...Anyhow, we are having company over for dinner tonight so I thought I would whip these up and serve them with my Beef Stew. Although it is still in the upper 80s here in Texas I thought this would be a fun "fallish" dish to welcome in October.

The gougeres were fun and easy to make. And I really appreciate all the basic ingredients. I was really nervous that they would burn but they did not. I used sharp cheddar cheese and I followed the directions to a "T".




While beating the dough, it reminded me of my mother's yummy carrot cookies that she would would make every fall. (Grated cheese looked like the grated carrots; dough the same color...)




I thought they turned out lovely and they taste delicious. Who knew french food could be so easy?!

3 comments:

  1. I was so shocked too that they were so easy. I could seriously see myself making these to go along many meals. I know that they will get gobbled up each time.

    They do look like Mom's carrot cookie dough!

    I'd love to try your beef stew too.

    Hey...did you leave your link on the FFWD site?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh...tres bien Erika. Vous avons voyage en France, afin vous devez savior comment pronouce des mots en francais.

    Vous devez venir chez nous pour le diner un jour bientot! Je vous preparerai un diner delicieux. Et vous pouvez preparer les gougeres, ils semblent delicieux

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO easy! And SO yummy! I did Gruyere but totally want to try a cheddar next time.

    I'm so excited to do this with you! (and Becky...even though I just mostly cyber-stalk her...I still think we could be friends........if you ever told me when she visits *ahem*).

    ReplyDelete